Practice Areas Include:
Mr. Friedman focuses his practice on counseling businesses of all shapes and sizes in various aspects of business law, commercial contracts, corporate and real estate transactions. Mr. Friedman worked in global market development prior to practicing law, and helped launch and take new technologies to the market. Gene lives in Solon, Ohio with his wife, Ellen, and daughter, Adriana. Outside of work, his interests and hobbies include spending time with great friends, world travel and patronizing the arts.
- All Ohio State Courts
Mr. Friedman graduated cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. In law school, he received the coveted CALI Excellence for the Future awards for his performance in Commercial Law and Legal Drafting. Gene was a student-associate in Cleveland-Marshall’s transactional law clinic and a summer extern at John Carroll University, The Office of General Counsel. Mr. Friedman received a B.B.A. with a concentration in Business Economics and graduated magna cum laude from Cleveland State University.
10-min Legal Talk with Gene Friedman on Real Estate Leases: Are you sure your real estate lease is valid and enforceable? When does it need to be notarized? Should you have an attorney involved? Gain more confidence in your lease agreements in this discussion with Gene and Alex.
See a list of Gene Friedman’s blog posts here.
- Implemented, as part of a team of attorneys, a legal compliance audit for several motor vehicle dealers helping those clients improve their legal risk management.
- Successfully represented a motor vehicle dealership in an Ohio Attorney General investigation.
- Represented, as part of a team of attorneys, a software company in breach of contract cases against the client’s customers resulting in successful settlements.
- Obtained a settlement in litigation involving a breach of an anti-piracy agreement against the client’s former customer.
- Negotiated debt settlement agreements and forbearance agreements for multiple clients.
Represented an elderly widow against an RV dealer that defrauded her making the client whole.