Practice Areas include:
Mr. Turner began practicing law in 2002. He spent over 13 years with the Cleveland firm of Gallagher Sharp, primarily as a litigator, before venturing on his own and then landing at The Gertsburg Law Firm in 2017. Before becoming an attorney, he worked as a financial manager for a small business after earning his MBA. Mr. Turner understands the challenges facing small business owners, which allows him to be an advisor, as well as provide valuable legal information. With over 20 years’ experience in the business and legal worlds, he strives to find timely cost–effective solutions rather than spending valuable resources to win at all costs. Mr. Turner has represented a diverse array of clients from Fortune 500 companies to small business and individuals.
Mr. Turner’s practice includes litigation, business advising, non-profit consulting and probate. His business background and legal training offers a unique set of skills to help protect and grow businesses, ensure contract proposals are properly drafted and current contracts are fair, mitigate risks and analyze the cost/benefit of new endeavors.
Beyond the practice of law, Mr. Turner is the proud father of two active children. He is active in several non-profit organizations including being a board member of Open Doors Academy and legal advisor for Third World Books. Having played hockey his entire life, he currently coaches youth hockey in Cleveland Heights and still takes to the ice competitively himself.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D. 2002
- Canisius College, M.B.A. 1995: Concentration in Health Care Management and Finance
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A. 1990:
- All Ohio State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
See a list of Mark Turner’s blog posts here, including his series on Consumer Law and the CSPA.
- Open Doors Academy, Board Member
- Third World Books, Legal Advisor
- Cleveland Heights Youth Hockey Association, Youth Hockey Coach