Proactive Financial Transactions Lawyers Representing Cleveland and Chagrin Falls Banks
Guiding banks and companies through the maze of banking regulations and financial transaction laws
Banks and financial institutions help companies grow, individuals succeed, and corporations and businesses prosper. They provide this help across a range of economic sectors, including technology, real estate, energy, construction, and all aspects of commercial and residential life. Today, many state and federal laws regulate the help the banks provide. These laws govern loans, investments, and a host of business activities. Legal advice must accompany sound business advice for each and every transaction.
Our Chagrin Falls business attorneys have been helping banks and businesses navigate these laws for decades. We also work with corporations, global investment firms, venture capitalists, insurance companies, hedge funds, pension funds, credit companies, and other entities that need the services of the banking community and financial markets. At Gertsburg Law, we take pride in having in-house counsel experience, outside counsel knowledge, and a strong litigation track record.
Types of banking regulations and financial transactions
Our Cleveland business attorneys help companies and organizations enter into contracts and business relationships that maximize company profits and service to the community while minimizing economic risks and protecting security interests. Some of the many types of legal issues we advise banks and the financial community about are:
- Commercial lending. We help companies, large and small, with counsel on commercial and development loans, security agreements, leveraged leases, and other matters. For example, we understand that secured collateral can include real property, intellectual property, financial accounts, company equipment and inventory, vehicles, cash reserves, and many other assets.
- Syndicated financing. Syndicated loans allow U.S. and foreign corporations the ability to obtain a loan from a group of lenders. Syndicated loans are formed and administered by one or more commercial or investment banks. Our firm advises borrowers and lenders on matters including creating the right structure for the investment, conducting due diligence, negotiating the terms, and providing the right documentation.
- Loan documentation.We review the loan agreements, collateral agreements, subordination contracts, swap agreements, credit letters, and other legal documents that can help the creditor get paid and the borrower meet reasonable timelines.
- Regulatory compliance. Gertsburg Law understands the vast array of regulatory compliance issues banks and financial transactions must meet. We work to secure compliance with regulations created by the following agencies, among others:
- The Securities and Exchange Commission
- The Federal Reserve Board
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- The U.S. Treasury Department, including the Comptroller of the Currency
- The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation and other real estate agencies
- Business restructuring and workouts. We work with banks and clients on a variety of restricting issues, including mergers and acquisitions, bulk asset sales, hostile takeovers, bankruptcy, and foreclosure.
Our Chagrin Falls business lawyers also provide informative legal advice on mortgage financing, energy finance, leveraged acquisitions, disposing of bad investments, and derivative transactions.
Get legal and practical advice for all your banking financial transaction needs
At Gertsburg Law, you can trust the legal counsel our attorneys provide. We have hands-on experience advising corporations of all sizes. We work with all types of lenders across a broad range of investment and development interest. Our Cleveland business lawyers have the reliable experience your company needs to think through the long-term goals and requirements of your enterprise and to negotiate and draft the right documents to match those objectives. Please call 440-571-7777 or complete our contact form to arrange to speak with one our bright business and legal professionals.