A Cleveland or Chagrin Falls General Counsel Lawyer from Gertsburg Law Provides Outside Counsel with In-House Experience
How our local Chagrin Falls and Cleveland Ohio General Counsel lawyers can provide affordable legal services for businesses
Ever wish you could just bounce an idea off an attorney who knows your business, or have an attorney do a quick review of a non-critical contract that has some legalese you do not understand? The attorneys at Gertsburg Law in the General Counsel practice group have served as chief legal officers and owners of various businesses. Our Chagrin Falls and Cleveland General Counsel lawyers understand the need for efficient, practical legal advice and have broad experience in a variety of areas including telecommunications, technology, automotive, insurance, real estate, food service, sports, and others.
What General Counsel services we provide
Depending on a host of factors, including the size, industry sector, and growth plans for your business, we may offer you any one or more of the following services:
- Corporate governance. We serve as corporate secretary to ensure good corporate governance and compliance with all legal and internal operating protocols.
- Contacts. We draft and negotiate supplier, real estate, and other commercial contracts, and provide “playbooks” for your employees to use when negotiating contracts themselves.
- Achieving core business goals. Our lawyers assist in the development of strategic planning goals, including labor-management relations, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Talent management. We address legal aspects of recruitment, executive compensation, employment contract development and negotiations, on-boarding, performance evaluations, discipline, and terminations.
- Hiring. We assist with major hiring needs, including tapping into public and private training and grant money resources.
- Government compliance. We manage third-party vendor and governmental audits for ISO, OHSAS, OSHA, DOL, EEO, and other regulatory purposes. Our lawyers serve as the primary point of contact for governmental regulators and auditors. We also create and manage Affirmative Action Plans for federal contract compliance.
- Labor-employee relations. Our firm handles all aspects of labor relations, including collective bargaining negotiations, grievances, arbitration, and contract administration.
- Best management practices. We help you train employees and supervisors on best management practices, including diversity and non-harassment, hiring, firing, and everything in between.
- Internal reviews. Our attorneys can help you conduct internal investigations when unethical or illegal behavior has been alleged.
- Internal audits. We conduct internal audits of payroll, employee relations, safety, and environmental functions.
- Emergency management. Our firm can help you develop crisis communication plans and protocols, serving as the point of contact when crises do arise.
Our wide range of business law experience allows our General Counsel team to provide your business with high-quality advice and representation.
Why we’re cost effective
The aim of our General Counsel practice is to provide the service of and access to the equivalent of your own employee attorney at a flat monthly rate. At the onset, our attorneys will visit your location and learn your business, at our cost. As the relationship continues, the flat fee will be open to reconsideration to ensure that the relationship is favorable to both attorney and client. The ultimate goal is to become a trusted member of your company’s decision-making team.
Consult with our experienced General Counsel attorneys for professional help with your company’s legal and business issues
At Gertsburg Law, our Chagrin Falls and Cleveland General Counsel attorneys have real-world experience. We have helped small businesses and large companies form, grow, expand, and mature. Instead of adding expensive new lawyers or contracting out piecemeal services, make the choice to speak with attorneys who understand your challenges and are experienced and trusted. To speak to our General Counsel lawyers now, call 440-683-6383 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.